E-Fiber Exploitatie B.V.
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Policy
The Board of E-Fiber Exploitatie B.V. recognizes that environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) issues have a material effect on the performance of the company and its subsidiaries (the “Group” or “E-Fiber”). Our aim is to ensure that such issues are considered at all levels of the Group’s business activities, and in accordance with International and National Codes and Principles.
Specifically, the E-Fiber Board aims to achieve this by:
- Ensuring that our vision and ESG objectives are relevant, understood and communicated and that our employees demonstrate alignment to them.
- Identifying all material ESG risks in the business activities undertaken by E-Fiber and its subsidiaries and ensuring that the risks are fully considered and managed in a responsible and ethical way.
- Ensuring that key decisions are only taken after full consideration of all material ESG issues and risks.
- Setting targets for environmental, social and governance matters which will be reported, monitored, reviewed and disclosed to our employees and shareholders.
- Providing appropriate information, instruction and training and ensuring that this policy is communicated to all persons working for E-Fiber and its subsidiaries.
- Working together with our customers, suppliers and business partners to encourage them to adopt the principles or similar policies resulting in the same outcomes.
ESG Specific Commitments
- Committing to the protection of the environment through continuously reducing the environmental footprint of our business and developing a sustainable supply chain.
- Encouraging all staff to consider the environmental consequences of their actions and to seek to minimise the impact where reasonably practicable.
- Recognising that open access fibre optic networks contribute positively to reducing the overall digital divide and thus increase social cohesion over a territory.
- Encouraging a culture of diversity with the highest ethical standards, respect human rights, promote gender equality and act against incidents and grievances in a systematic manner.
- Supporting a culture in which all employees are valued and respected.
- Promoting the Company’s commitment to the wider society.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations and guiding principles governing the protection of human rights, operational and occupational health and safety, environmental and business practices in the jurisdictions in which we operate.
- Identifying the relevant legislative and regulatory requirements and ensuring that fibre optic networks are compliant with these requirements, and where practicable meeting them in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Adopting the highest standards, governance and ethics of business conduct and practice.
Other ESG Matters
Reporting, Disclosure and Communications
Environmental, Social and Governance risks and opportunities are addressed monthly at board meetings. E-Fiber monitors and reports key ESG metrics on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. These metrics include energy consumption, the % of energy sourced from renewable sources, injuries and fatalities, water and waste consumption, greenhouse gas emissions grievances from stakeholders, fraud attempts, and any other board-level or operational issues. Serious incidents, injuries and fatalities are reported to board members as soon as they occur and become known.
The E-Fiber board devise an annual stakeholder engagement strategy for the year ahead which identifies key opportunities and methods of communication with stakeholders.
Annual ESG training is completed by those within the organisation who are responsible and have oversight of ESG matters as part of their role.
Scope and Application
Direction and oversight of the Environmental, Social and Governance Policy is the responsibility of the Board which has delegated day-to-day management responsibility to the Managing Director of the Group.
This Policy applies to all E-Fiber companies.
This Policy will be reviewed annually.